Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Why I Like the Rain...

"Why I Like the Rain..."
By: Bethany

Yeah, I know it sounds like a 3rd grade essay...That's why I gave it a title and put my name at the top. It's my philosophy that it's not always bad to think...or write...like a 3rd grader.

When I was younger I didn't always sleep well. I would toss and turn, often fall off the bed or wake up with my head where my feet should be. My parents loved taking pictures of all my random sleep positions--weirdos. ;)

However, in the house where I grew up I had the back bedroom. Now not only was this the biggest bedroom in the house, but it was also the bedroom that had the rain gutter on the corner. So every time it would rain...I would sleep. There's something about the sound of rain, the water running down the gutters and the thunder that is soothing to me. It's like the sweetest of sweet songs--a lullaby that would sing me to sleep.

Now, we may not live in that house anymore. My bedroom I sleep in at my townhouse doesn't have a rain gutter and I definitely don't have a big bedroom, but I still like the rain. Actually, like may be an understatement...I LOVE the rain.

Not only does it calm and relax me...It reminds me of Jesus. When it rains, it reminds me of being made anew. It reminds me of why Jesus died and the amazing ability Our Father in Heaven has to wash His children clean and look at them as if they had always been that way.

As I drove to work this morning, I was happy. Everything was wet...Leaves had scattered, some branches had fallen and birds were chirping everywhere. The sun shone bright and I could feel God's smile. Oh how I needed to be made anew today.

All of the frustrations, all of the anguish, all of the insecurities seemed to have been washed away with that rain. I woke up, did my little Bible study (I joined a women's Bible study...which is a story in itself), talked with God and got ready for the day. I knew today would be a blessing. How silly it is that I don't wake up and think that every morning.

Here are some major blessings I have experienced thus far:
  • Got a major sponsorship for my fall event (in only 20 minutes)
  • Had lunch with two great guys that I am lucky enough to call friends
  • Looked in the mirror and felt pretty, which made me feel remarkably confident (Is it conceited for me to say this? Probably. Is it the truth? Definitely.)
  • Spent a quality 45 minutes with God this morning
  • Got another $500 from another company

Ah, life is so good. Why don't I always look for the blessings rather than the downfalls of life? Why can't everyday be a rainy day?

2 Corinthians 5:17:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!"

Dear Jesus help me to see rain even on days when it is not present. Help me to never forget that I am made anew and that it is my desire to be in You. Help me to take time to be in You and in Your Word. Lord, help me to never forget why I love the rain.

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I have a gutter by my bed too.. But it keeps me from sleeping rather than putting me to sleep. I will record a soundtrack of it for you. It was a long one last night.

6/08/2005 03:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog...most of it. I don't understand the photo part. You are talking about Christ, and then I see those photos of you and your friends partaking in alcohol. Christ and alcohol don't go together. I am praying for you.

6/09/2005 01:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither do Christ and leaving comments on Blogs... or a matter of fact... blogging overall... Blogging is for sinners.. you all are sinners and theres a good chance you all will end up in hell. There is no hope for you pagans.

6/09/2005 02:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ and the way we act everyday don't go together... The way a blonde girl 4 aisles over at the grocery store cathces my eye doesn't go with Christ, that's why Jesus came, so that we are able to have a relationship with Christ...

Pictures are a snapshot and don't even come close to representing somebody as a whole. Especially our friend here who writes this blog. She is incredible and I saw other things in those pictures than just alcohol... Family, dogs, friends...

6/09/2005 02:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium 10mg diazepam valium vs xanax - valium dosage pain

11/12/2012 04:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap ativan online ativan or xanax - ativan dosage canada

11/13/2012 05:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan medication ativan vs xanax chart - generic drug ativan

11/13/2012 11:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg diazepam 10 mg strong - diazepam online sales

11/15/2012 06:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanax where to buy xanax online no prescription - xanax vs ativan effects

11/15/2012 09:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy generic ativan ativan side effects hair loss - ativan dosage weight

11/15/2012 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy diazepam ketamine diazepam dosage - diazepam valium back pain

11/16/2012 04:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you really buy xanax online xanax . 25 mg side effects - extended release xanax high

11/16/2012 07:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan for anxiety ativan gi side effects - ativan sublingual lorazepam overdose

11/16/2012 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan mg ativan addiction withdrawal - ativan 774

11/17/2012 09:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium diazepam diazepam ketamine erowid - diazepam kaufen

11/17/2012 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax online no rx xanax side effects in children - xanax online no prescription mastercard

11/17/2012 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax 1mg buy legit alprazolam - drug interactions xanax cymbalta

11/17/2012 04:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien pink pill - ambien cost per pill

11/20/2012 07:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

generic zolpidem ambien dosage mg - ambien music online radio station

11/21/2012 12:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy soma buy soma online + india - soma drug user reviews

11/22/2012 01:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

carisoprodol online buy soma india - soma medication schedule

11/22/2012 05:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium no prescription buy valium in london - buy roche valium online uk

11/24/2012 04:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium online online pharmacy valium no prescription - medication prince valium rapid

11/25/2012 12:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger: Danced - Post a Comment order sibutramine online - sibutramine without prescription http://www.meridiaordernow.com/#sibutramine-without-prescription

1/24/2013 05:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, cheap propecia online - propecia online no prescription http://www.bigdocpoker.com/#buy-finasteride-online

1/30/2013 07:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

advitleva order seroquel - order seroquel online http://www.seroqueldiscounts.com/

2/05/2013 04:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dalsCleax generic cymbalta 60 mg - buy duloxetine http://www.cymbaltadiscountprice.com/#buy-duloxetine

2/06/2013 08:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5, [url=http://www.isotretinoinonlinerx.net/] Accutane Cost[/url] - Cheap Accutane - purchase accutane online http://www.isotretinoinonlinerx.net/ .

3/27/2013 08:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


http://www.petinsuranceuks.co.uk Petplan is licensed in all 50 states and Washington, D. The best dog insurance is designed to help you pay for these kinds of events. Insurance coverage could include your bodily tests along with servings of the fee for spectacles and relationships.

6/16/2013 08:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home