Monday, May 23, 2005

41 Things about ME...

After reading Monica's blog about herself, I'm inspired to do one of my own...41 is my favorite number, I don't know if I could reach 100, so I thought I'd start out there....It may go past that though.

  1. My middle name is Jo & I love it.
  2. My name was "Jennifer" for two months.
  3. I received that name from my foster mom, whom I've never met and probably never will
  4. Steve & Linda Babcock are my "adoptive" parents, but I consider them my "real" parents
  5. I desperately want to find my birth mom
  6. I have a biological uncle who was born the same year as me
  7. I don't like cats, plus I'm allergic to them
  8. I love dogs
  9. My dog's name is Tiny Bubbles & she's great
  10. I love the outdoors
  11. I feel the closest to God when I am outdoors, usually near water
  12. I attended Inspiration Point Bible Camp throughout Jr. High & Highschool & it changed my life
  13. I would give almost anything to be able to go back and spend more time with my Grandma
  14. I am an only child
  15. My father is an only child
  16. My mother has 7 siblings, but they can't seem to get along, I wish they would b/c then I would feel like I actually have a family
  17. People always ask me if I am Native American or part Hispanic....According to my papers though, I'm 100% German
  18. I LOVE to dance
  19. I hate it when people talk about my dancing
  20. People can tell what mood I'm in by what I play on the piano & how hard I pound on the keys
  21. My favorite movie is Hope Floats
  22. I have a tattoo of a heart with a cross on my foot, with the verse, "James 1:2-3". A biker man named Wolfie from St. Louis gave it to me
  23. The tattoo reminds me of my friends Ben & Sara
  24. My mom paid for my tattoo & my aunt Myrna is ashamed of me for it
  25. I want another tattoo, just don't know where yet
  26. I've had an eating disorder for 10 years now
  27. I should've died probably, but God has kept me around
  28. The most influential person in my life was my friend Janet Anderson
  29. I am stubborn as hell
  30. It is a downfall of mine, as is my pride
  31. I love to fish
  32. I could spend days laying in the sun, not speaking with anyone, and be completely satisfied
  33. I don't talk about things as much as I should
  34. My biggest fear is becoming fat
  35. It's a pathetic fear
  36. Of the people I've encountered, relied on and trusted, the majority of them who have turned their backs on me were Christians
  37. I have a fear of trusting people, especially Christians
  38. I attended Bethel College and received a degree in Communications with a minor in P.E.
  39. I love sports...GO TWINS
  40. My heart hurts for the poor, the lonely, the unwanted and many more. It also hurts for the rich, the prideful and the unsatisfied
  41. I let Jesus in my heart when I was in 10th grade
  42. I shut Him out my senior year of Highschool
  43. Let him back in Sophomore year of college
  44. I struggle each day with remembering that it is HE whom I shall serve
  45. I work with the youth at church, I'm a Site Director
  46. The students and the leaders are enormous blessings to me
  47. I feel judged at church more than I do other places
  48. I don't know why I feel that way
  49. I love North Central MN
  50. I grew up in a town of 4,000 people
  51. I wouldn't have had it any other way
  52. My parents own a DQ
  53. I love my parents, but it's hard for me
  54. I've had 2 surgeries
  55. I don't come out of anesthesia well
  56. I love Arkansas
  57. I have a zebra fetish
  58. I work for the March of Dimes
  59. I've experienced a lot of death in my life
  60. I don't grieve well
  61. I hate and love exercising
  62. Jesus is my savior
  63. Supposedly Bethany means "House of God" and Proverbs 3:5 is my verse
  64. I don't know if I represent the name Bethany well enough
  65. I have everything I need
  66. It is my desire to want less
  67. My role on this earth is to Serve God
  68. I strive to be more like Jesus
  69. I wonder if I bring people joy
  70. I hope I do
  71. I love Jack Daniels Whiskey
  72. I never drank a drop until a month after I turned 21
  73. I have never smoked anything
  74. My first kiss was on my HS graduation night, it was a dare from my friends
  75. My first "real kiss" was Jake Lund about a month later
  76. I don't regret my years spent with Jake or Jayme because I learned a lot from them
  77. I wish I wasn't so insecure
  78. I wish I read the Bible more
  79. My first love was Jayme Earl George...Thought we'd get married...Can you imagine? "Hi my name is Bethany George?"
  80. 7 of my 8 roommates are married or will be w/i the next couple months
  81. My wrists haven't grown since I was about 7
  82. My favorite place in the world is at IPBC (Inspiration Point Bible Camp)
  83. I've met a lot of "famous people"...They really aren't any different from anyone else
  84. I love pictures
  85. I want to have kids and a family someday
  86. Only if it is God's will however
  87. My job is stressful
  88. I love country music, but I really love ALL music
  89. I play in a summer and a fall softball league
  90. I want to acquire more discernment
  91. I have 3 close girlfriends from home, Missy, Moon & Sammi...We've been through everything together and I am so thankful for them
  92. I dressed up like Daisy Duke on Saturday
  93. I want a house with a wrap-around porch someday
  94. I believe that time and Jesus can heal all wounds
  95. Sometimes I wonder if I am overly sensitive
  96. I don't think I'm beautiful, but God does
  97. I have 3 favorite songs: The Cowboy in Me, Canon in D and On My Knees
  98. I sponsor two children: Mario in Honduras and Johana in El Salvador
  99. They bring me joy
  100. I love to show my love, but can rarely verablize it
  101. It is not my desire to find how I can get more of the Spirit, but rather to search how the Spirit can get more of me.

Well what do ya know? I guess I just flew past 41 eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this is a revealing list... I love it! It's so funny how after you get started, they come out a little easier as you peel away more layers : )

5/23/2005 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home