Friday, June 10, 2005

Where I'm at

God meets us where we're at. Thanks God. Here's where I am at, today my heart is so sad as I read all these comments. Granted, not when I read all of them, but when I read some. I am overjoyed at comments from my friends, people who know who I am, people who know where I find my identity--in Christ and nothing else. I am brokenhearted when I read judgements people make about me simply by looking at pictures or by the way I word things.

It's funny...We proclaim to love in the name of Christ, yet somehow judgement gets woven into that. It makes me sad. I have a feeling that a lot of people would disagree with a lot of the things that go on in my life. I drink, I don't have a drinking problem, but I enjoy a drink from time to time. I think my cousin is one of the most amazing people in the world, he's also a great Christian man, he's also gay. I love dancing, God gave me the ability to shake my booty and I do. These are all points that tend to cause a ruckus in the Christian world.

My point is that there are so many things on which we could judge each other...So many "specks of dust" we could point out...Processing through these comments and reflecting on my own thoughts and my relationship with Christ shows me that I will choose to do neither of these...I will choose to love, for that is what I am called to do as a follower of Christ.

I got this off of Milton Stanley's blog. It's from Phil McAlmond and today this speaks strongly to me...Today I needed to be reminded of this:
"Let us get back to the simple and yet Oh so very powerful truth, message and relationship of Jesus, the Christ of the Most High God. Let us cast off everything that is religious and return to the simplicity and unity of our faith, Jesus, Jesus, no one and nothing but Jesus, the Christ of the Most High God."


I don't think I will write for awhile. The purpose of my sharing on here was not to cause controversy, it was not to breed anger or frustration or judgement, the purpose was to share what God has placed on my heart. How I have learned to love by the immense love He has shown me...How I DESIRE to be more like Him. It was not to upset people...it was not to be attacked...

So, I will take a break. I will focus on loving God and loving others and see if that leads me back to this blogging realm. Until then my friends, Peace be with you. Love and be loved.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss your words B... I am lucky enough to see you multiple times each week. So I will survive.

Hope the best for you and that people get to know you before passing judgement on you...

Your gift is in being real.

I am not mad at you about the "Calling all ladies" post.. Just a little bummed the result was only "Calling Reid and Bethany's Dad..."

6/10/2005 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

I think the truth is that people suck and will ALWAYS find some way to judge and discredit other people. That's why we so desperately need Christ in our lives.

6/10/2005 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if you turned off your comments Bethany? would that help? then it's only a place for you to talk about your walk with God... which is so awesome and I love hearing it!!! I'll understand your break, but don't let it be because someone put you in time-out because your relationship with God is different than their own... it's crazy for us to judge others, because we have to be sure to remove the plank from our own eye! ; )

6/10/2005 04:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog has eloquently shown your love for Christ, shining like a beacon. It would be a shame for you to retreat in the face of an adversary who wants nothing more than to wreck havoc. I can't help but marvel at how such bitter little scribes always remain anonymous as they do their hurtful little hit and runs throughout cyberspace.

In my own experience, blogging turned out to be one of the most powerful tools for spiritual growth I've encountered. It's broadened my awareness of the greatness of God's glory, brought me into contact with some of the most inspiring people, and challenged my own faith to grow in ways I never thought possible.

I personally think your decision to briefly withdraw and wait upon the Lord for guidance is so incredibly wise. I think the way you've handled all of this - with grace, beauty and love - is a model for me to follow. I will always differ to the leading of the Lord with praise and thanksgiving, but I hope cyberspace doesn't lose your writing or your presence. You will be missed more than you will ever know, by people you may never meet.

Peace and love indeed.

6/12/2005 09:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, er, that should be 'defer' to the leading of the Lord...

Yeesh. I am such a klutz. But just so ya know, the rest of it stands.

So there. :)

6/12/2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Sorry to hear that you're sad, and that Christians can be unkind. May God comfort your heart and get you back going in joy.

6/28/2005 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home